Looking to elevate your breakfast game? These delectable Smoked Salmon and Avocado Nori Wraps are for you. Loaded with vibrant flavors, these wraps also offer a plethora of potential health benefits.
Serving as a single, satisfying portion, this recipe is ideal for a quick and nourishing breakfast.
What Goes with Nori Wrapped Salmon?
Nori wrapped salmon is both nutritious and versatile, and this easy breakfast recipe can also double up as a lunch or dinner option.
For breakfast, serve with a hot herbal tea or a warming bowl of Miso soup.
To make a complete lunch or dinner meal, serve with a side of white rice, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
Why Is This Recipe Good For Me?
Loaded with nutrient-rich ingredients like smoked salmon, avocado, and an array of fresh vegetables, these wraps are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, crucial to overall wellness and a healthy nervous system:
Omega-3 fatty acids from the salmon and the healthy fats in avocado contributes to brain health, which is integral to a well-functioning nervous system.
Hemp and sesame seeds add a dose of essential nutrients like magnesium and B vitamins, which may help in reducing stress and anxiety, promoting a calm and balanced nervous system.
Can I Use Different Fillings?
These breakfast nori rolls are the perfect opportunity to flex your culinary creativity. Why not try:
- Alternative veggies such as sliced bell peppers, tomato’s, lettuce or mushrooms
- Additional protein sources such as scrambled eggs and prawns
- Sauces such as chili, tamari, or garlic mayo
Ready to make a delicious breakfast in just 10 minutes? Let’s go.
Smoked Salmon and Avocado Nori Wraps
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 x Nori seaweed sheets
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2, small cucumber, diced
- ½ large carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds or ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh dill (for garnish, optional)
- Lay one nori sheet on a clean surface. Arrange half of the smoked salmon, avocado slices, cucumber, carrot, and purple cabbage on the sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the hemp seeds/sesame seeds over the ingredients and drizzle with half of the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Roll the nori sheet tightly into a wrap and repeat the process with the second sheet.
- Slice the wraps in half and optionally serve garnished with fresh dill.