This Healthy Pumpkin Pie smoothie is a cozy combination of wholesome, paleo-friendly ingredients – designed to give you all the fall feels. The recipe provides a hearty helping of healthy fats and is entirely free from refined sugars to help keep your blood sugar levels stable, and nervous system happy.
Pumpkin pie, but healthy, in just 5 minutes. Yes please.
How to make a healthy pumpkin pie smoothie
It’s all about the ingredients. We’ve carefully blended ingredients that are both tasty AND good for you to ensure your smoothie is nutrient dense. Let’s take a look at some of the potential benefits:
- Nervous System Support: The smoothie includes ingredients like pumpkin and walnuts, rich in nutrients such as magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for a healthy nervous system.
- Balanced Fats: Avocado and coconut milk provide a delicious blend of healthy fats, promoting satiety and supporting your overall health.
- No Refined Sugars: This recipe relies on natural sweetness from dates and pumpkin, making it free from refined sugars.
Do I Have to Use Avocado? That Sounds Gross
We’ve added avocado (a paleo staple) to our pumpkin pie smoothie. The sweetness of the dates help neutralize the flavor, while the avocado brings healthy fats and creaminess to the smoothie. If you cannot bear the thought of adding avocado, you can swap for 1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or your favorite nut butter.
Do I Have To Use Full-Fat Coconut Milk?
Absolutely! That is where the rich, creamy, deliciousness is coming from. Use canned coconut milk and be sure to shake well to combine the cream and the liquid.
Ready to get started?
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Serves: 1 large smoothie or 2 smaller smoothies
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (add more for a sweeter tooth)
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Optional garnish: extra dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts
- Add the pumpkin puree, ripe avocado, coconut milk, pitted dates, raw walnuts, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and pure vanilla extract into a high-speed blender.
- Secure the lid and blend on high until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice cubes to the blender and blend again until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness or spices if needed. You can add an extra date or more cinnamon to suit your preference.
- Pour the Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie into a glass. If desired, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and a few chopped walnuts on top for an extra layer of flavor and texture.