Take a time out and soothe those stresses with this Chamomile and Lavender Tea. This herbal beverage is ready in less than 10 minutes and makes a great addition to your self-care routine.
Why is This Recipe Good For Me?
Chamomile and lavender are well known for their gentle, calming properties – perfect when you need a moment to de-stress. This hug-in-a-mug offers a host of other potential benefits:
- Nervous System Support: Chamomile may help to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation, making it an excellent nervous system tonic.
- Improved Sleep: Drinking chamomile tea before bedtime may help you have better sleep quality and combat insomnia.
- Stress Reduction: Lavender flowers have stress-relieving qualities, which may help alleviate tension and calm your mind.
- Digestive Aid: Chamomile may aid digestion by easing an upset tummy and reducing gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Chamomile possesses anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce inflammation associated with chronic conditions.
- Antioxidant Boost: Raw honey contains antioxidants that may combat oxidative stress and support overall health.
- Vitamin C: Fresh lemon adds a dose of vitamin C, which may boost your immune system and promote healthy skin.
- Aromatherapy Benefits: Just breathing in the scent of chamomile and lavender can have a calming effect on your mood and reduce stress.
- Zero Caffeine: This herbal tea is caffeine-free, making it perfect to drink any time of the day without interrupting sleep.
When Should I Drink This?
Enjoy this calming tea whenever you are feeling dysregulated, and need some comforting reassurance. This is also a great option as a pre-bedtime drink, perfect when you need to wind down!
Calming Chamomile and Lavender Tea
Prep time: 8 minutes
- 1 chamomile tea bag (dried flowers preferable)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1 fresh lemon slice
- Place the chamomile tea bag, lavender flowers, and lemon slice in a cup.
- Pour the boiling water into the cup and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and add raw honey.
- Stir well and sip this calming herbal tea.