Nourishing your body with delicious and wholesome ingredients is a great way to support your overall well-being – including your nervous system. This Almond Butter Banana Smoothie is a great way to kickstart your day or recharge your energy in the afternoon.
Ready in just 5 minutes, this smoothies makes a quick breakfast, pre-workout snack, or an afternoon pick-me-up.
How To Make a Fruit Smoothie Without Yogurt
In need of a fruit smoothie with yogurt? Nut butter and plant-based or dairy milk make a deliciously creamy substitute. Add a banana for natural sweetness and you have the texture of a yogurt-based smoothie.
Can I use a different nut butter?
Absolutely! Cashew and macadamia make for sweet and creamy alternatives to almond butter.
Can I use a different milk?
Smoothies are very forgiving recipes. Feel free to experiment with your favorite plant-based or dairy milk, substituting for the same quantity.
Are Banana Smoothies Good For You?
Packed with nutrient-dense ingredients and completely free from refined sugars, this smoothie is a deliciously healthy treat. Here are some of the potential benefits:
- Bananas: Rich in potassium, bananas may help maintain proper nerve function and support muscle contractions. They’re also a good source of vitamin B6, which is essential for a healthy nervous system.
- Almond Butter: Full of healthy fats and protein, almond butter provides sustained energy while delivering vitamin E and magnesium, both of which play roles in nerve function.
- Cacao Powder: Loaded with antioxidants and magnesium, cacao powder may promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Chia Seeds: These tiny powerhouses are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, known for their anti-inflammatory properties and their role in maintaining brain health.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon adds a warm, comforting flavour while providing potential neuroprotective effects, supporting brain health.
Let’s make a smoothie!
Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Ice cubes (optional)
- Add the banana, almond butter, almond milk, honey or maple syrup (if using), cinnamon, vanilla extract, cacao powder, and chia seeds to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, add a few ice cubes to the blender and blend again until the smoothie reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.